Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Morning Reflections

Good morning to myself and anyone out there who cares to enter my site. Welcome to my world and peace be with you.I wake up early this morning - almost every morning because its my son end of year exam week.Can't think of asking him to wake up early and alone while i sleep happily in my bed. Instead i wake up and make coffee for him and serve plain hot water for myself for health reasons.

I have been doing this fatherly routine for quite sometimes. My wife is quite a problem sleeper and so I let her sleep on till she chooses to wake up at her own time while I play the alarm clock and timekeeper role and keep my son company. Well its only for another year I will have to do this after that he will go to college flying off like a bird to the world outside. I am practically savouring these moments because soon it will become just a memory when he is college somewhere.


Just visited Airasia website and found its so cheap to fly to Macau on promotional fares. From Btu to Kuching return its cost 200+ and from KCH to Macau return another 500 bucks. I am thinking of bringing my family there next month but will have to check with the embassy first for immigration requirement. My wife has sportingly agreed to foot up the bills - bless be to her while I take care of the food and entertainment expenses and of course the Farms cap ex.

Sometimes I cant help but think that we are generally selfish and naive. We expect the helper to be happy and stay with us forever. To wait and serve us - forever.How could she when she is at a a ripe marrying age. There are times she is in it not for the money but job satisfaction, friends and freedom to do whatever she likes. After all its her life we are talking about.We hate to be controlled by others and yet we want to dictate and control others life.

No comments: