Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday>>>>sweetheart?

I told them I wanted a birthday cake for my wife but the baker smartly added in the word most people want to hear ie "sweetheart"....and I say amen...yes why not when one is half a century old I guess sweetheart has a totally new and different meaning.

.
The last picture you see is a picture of three mothers celebrating mothers' day lunch (the mother in the center is 78 years old and a very special one indeed!). I took them to lunch at Happy Valley Restaurant today to celebrate Mother's Day and my wife's birthday - which was on 9 May - as we were busy with the novena for the last 9 nights, my son and I only managed to give my wife a birthday lunch last Friday. My mother in law is extremely hardworking at her age and one who steadfastly refuse to retire. She works as full time nanny and housekeeper. Shame on you who retire at 55 or 56!. But God is very kind with her - she has a relatively healthy life and has the energy to "slog on" and enjoy her daily chores while most people call it a day well before her age. Her daughters - the ones sitting next her have tried time and again to coax her into retirement and enjoy her life but so far they have not been successful. She has a mind of her own and almost as stubborn as our former prime minister!. Mind you she also shares the same view as Lee Kuan Yew the former prime of Spore who once said - "if you stop working you will die".

4 comments:

Fabulously Sassy said...

Hi d!
Hahahah! Pama meh bisi urang ngulu ke dik romantic! Sigat matgamal ke bantai dik nyak! :P

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Met, tu rahsia dadi, di ambi iya ari annual report company gambar iya nya, laban nya glamour, enda di peda uban.

Ha ha ha. Bendar iya ngintu tua inek dik last sunday, digaga ke iya kupi, dinahka iya kek. Tang iya spoil it by saying "saritu aja neh, laban mother's day. Ila enda aku ngenah..."..

Dadi away in KL now. Tua Igat aja di rumah & Gemi

Dappy said...

Fuiyo. Main romantik la nuan pak hor? I like this post. Nyu udah besai Zac neh. Aku pulai ila kada enda nadai gik baby voice deh.


D, u should have gotten flowers also. Ingat nuan the last time nuan travelling ba KL? It was either mom's bday or Valentine's day, and I made you buy a bouquet for her and bring all the way back to Btu. Tang nuan malu megai laban udah tuai, malu dipeda urang ba bilun.. so u kept it away from sight in a big plastic bag. Haha. Lawak la dik pak.

BukBuban said...

Fi, umbas ia meh lawa endar enda ga kati ko enggau if it makes someone happy just y not huh?